For more information, please email the Community & Legislative Affairs Department.
- West-Central Florida Water Restoration Action Plan
- Conceptual map of West-Central Florida WRAP resources and components
- WRAP Report to Legislature
- The Central West Coast Surface Water Enhancement Initiative, which includes Dona Bay/Cow Pen Slough, Shell Creek watershed and Upper Myakka/Flatford Swamp projects, will provide 55 million gallons per day of finished water supply.
- The Facilitating Agricultural Resource Management Systems (FARMS) Program, which is a public/private agricultural best management practices cost-share reimbursement program, is intended to offset 40 million gallons per day of ground water by 2025.
- The Ridge Lakes Restoration Initiative will reduce phosphorus by 50 to 80 percent by treating stormwater runoff in select lakes in Highlands and Polk counties.
- The Upper Peace River Watershed Restoration Initiative will restore surface water storage and flows and improve water quality in the upper Peace River watershed.
- The Central Florida Water Resource Development project will develop alternative water supplies to meet the long-term needs of Polk County and the surrounding area.