(See Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve for overall information.)
- Approximately 60 miles of multiuse trails.
- Bicyclists are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Camping not permitted during hunts.
- A free reservation is required and must be displayed or available at campground.
- Backcountry sites include Trial Ford, Tillman Lake and Mott Hammock; sites have picnic tables, fire rings and/or grills.
- Fishing and frogging allowed throughout year.
- Vehicle access from Rock Ridge Road for fishing is only permitted on weekends in May and June.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for license requirements.
- Approximately 60 miles of multiuse trials.
- Approximately 31 miles of Florida National Scenic Trail run through Green Swamp East and
West tracts. This trail continues through Green Swamp West Tract and up to the Richloam Tract
of the Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Approximately 15-mile overnight loop and 8-mile day loop.
- Prepare for wet hiking; some trails are excessively wet during certain times of year.
Florida National Scenic Trail
- The Florida National Scenic Trail is maintained by the Florida Trail Association.
- Orange blaze symbols indicate primary trail. Blue blaze symbols indicate side trails. White blaze symbols indicate overnight loop. Double blaze symbols indicate a sharp turn in trail.
- During hunts, hikers are encouraged to wear hunter orange or other bright color above the waist.
- For more information, contact Florida Trail Association at 1-877-445-3352 (FL only) or (352) 378-8823.
- Contact FWC for information regarding license requirements and permits.
- FWC rules and regulations must be observed throughout the year.
Access and Parking
- Main vehicle access on south side of Green Swamp on Rock Ridge Road, approximately 10 miles northeast of US 98 and 6 miles west of SR 33. Small day-use parking area at Rock Ridge gate.
- Parking also at Main Grade and SR 471.
- Several additional walk-thru gates throughout property.
Restrooms and Water
No restrooms or water available.
Southwestern Lake, northern Polk and southeastern Sumter counties
For More Information
Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470