Pasco County operates this regional park near the Withlacoochee River. The District provides the county with the use of 146 acres of the Green Swamp – West Tract to accommodate riverfront access for the canoe launch, dock and 5 miles of hiking trails.
- Paved park and 1.7-mile paved trail in woods.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Site located on western section of Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for more information.
- All reservations can be made online at PascoCountyFL.net or in person at park office
with cash or check only.
- All campers must be registered and set up prior to park closing time; times change with season.
- Pioneer cabin up to 6 people with electric and fan.
- Primitive cabin up to 4 people without electric.
- 2 sites available, they can accommodate up to
- 40 people per site. No shower.
- 8 primitive tent sites, access to compost toilet, no shower.
- 1 backwoods primitive campsite, 1.5-mile hike in, free of charge.
- 15 RV sites are supplied with 20-, 30- and
- 50-amp electric and water. Restroom and shower available.
- 5 tent sites with electric in RV camp, with access to restroom and shower.
- 7 semi-primitive tent sites, no electric, with access to restroom and shower.
- Fishing pier located adjacent to canoe launch.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- 5.2 miles of trail developed and maintained by Florida Trail Association. Orange blaze symbols denote primary trail. Blue blaze symbols denote side trails. Double blazes denote a sharp turn in trail.
- For more information, contact Florida Trail Association at 1-877-445-3352 (FL only) or (352) 378-8823.
- Additional 6 miles of trails in park, 1.7-mile paved trail.
- Canoe launch (100-foot carry from parking area).
- Park has playgrounds, observation tower, boardwalks, canoe dock and recreation field.
- One large pavilion — shelter #2 (18 tables), 9’ grill and electric. May be reserved.
- Four small shelters — 6 tables and a small grill. Numbers 1, 3, 4 and 5, of which numbers 3 and 4 may be reserved.
- Reservations may be made online at PascoCountyFL.net or in person at park office
with cash or check only.
Access and Parking
- From US 301 follow River Road east 5 miles. Follow pavement onto Auton Road. Park entrance 0.25 miles on left.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
Three restrooms at shelters and drinking fountains available.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are requested to pick up after dog.
Pasco County, east of Dade City
Nearby Recreation Lands
For More Information
- Withlacoochee River Park, (352) 567-0264
- Pasco County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Office, (813) 929-2760